Magnificent views of the Moselle, Eifel and Hunsrück!
Insights into the cycle tour:
From Bernkastel-Kues the tour leads over the Graach sheep farm into the deep forests of the Hunsrück, offering a first-class Moselle panorama. Through the Graacher Schäferei (the mountain half of the Moselle town of Graach), the tour goes up to the height of the Graacher Schanzen. The Graacher Schanzen are remains of an 18th century defensive structure. Prussian and Austrian troops fortified themselves here against invading French revolutionary armies. In the Hunsrück region, the towns of Longkamp and Monzelfeld are among the "milestones" and the progress of the B50 bridge construction project can be admired anew. Wolf on the Moselle is a district of Traben-Trarbach. The ruins of the former convent, high above the town, is an ideal place to take a break, the view over the Moselle is magnificent. Along the Moselle cycle path the tour leads via Lösnich, Zeltingen-Rachtig and Graach back to Bernkastel-Kues.
Safety informationPlease note that the tour is not signposted. Except for a short stretch at the level of the Mosel spur, everything is asphalted. In the Graach sheep farm there is a short stretch of about 30 metres on which the bike should be pushed - due to the steepness and the narrow path.
Tips and hints
Phone: (0049) 6531/50019-0
ParkingParking facilities in Bernkastel-Kues on both banks of the Moselle
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentThe tour should be easy to manage with an eBike (full battery) despite the considerable ascent from the Moselle valley up. A trekking bike is ideal for sporty cyclists.
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.