Panoramic round tour through the Mosel-Hunsrück: through a hilly landscape, broken up by densely forested brook valleys.
Distance 13.5 km
The Moselsteig side-step runs mainly on forest and meadow paths.Insights into the hiking tour:Many small villages around the Hunsrück town of Kleinich have formed a parish since the Reformation, the Protestant "Kirchspiel" Kleinich. The villages are distributed four to five hundred meters above the Moselle in a hilly open landscape, broken up by densely wooded brook valleys. The ups and downs of hill and dale with many distant views and water features characterize the side jump "Kirchspiel's Tälertour".Refreshments are available at the start/finish in Kleinich, backpack catering is recommended for the way.
Directly on the hiking trail, in Fronhofen, is the natural herb garden - with café and shop.
Update: December 22, 2021
Getting thereFrom the A61: Exit Rheinböllen, continue on the E4 (approx. 20 minutes) to Kleinich.
ParkingParking spaces are available in the village.
32U 369640 5528135
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSturdy hiking boots, rain jacket and rucksack are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view