The hike leads through the original and the modern days Moselle valley. The Moselle flowed originally along north of the village Lieser. Other highlights include the "ObstArtWeg" in Wehlen, which provides information about the orchards in an artistic way, and the "Walderlebnispfad" on the plateau of Lieser and Kues.
Insights into the hiking tour:
The hike offers two starting points - either from Lieser or from Wehlen. The hike takes you along vineyard paths and through the forest. On the way you will pass the "Paulskirche" (a church in the middle of the vinyards). Many Moselans sought refuge in this pilgrimage site on the Paulsberg during the revolutionary period around 1848. In October 1848 one of the largest demonstrations of the Rhine province took place here. After a long ascent at the beginning of the trail, a flat hike follows on the Kueser Plateau. The "Obstartweg" in Wehlen provides clear information about the flora and fauna of the region.
Safety informationPartly on vineyard roads, which are of course also used by tractors and cars. But the roads are very wide and offer enough space.
Tips and hints
Phone (0049) 6531/500190
Tourist information Lieser
Am Markt 43
Tel: (0049) 6531/8746
Getting thereComing from Bernkastel-Kues, cross the bridge to Kues and follow the L47 in the direction of Tier until Lieser.
ParkingOn the banks of the Mosel in Lieser resp. at the parking area "Am Krausbach" in Wehlen
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSolid shoes are recommended
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.