This mountain bike route along the Moselle is a must for bikers who want to spend a sporty holiday. The demanding tour with a high proportion of single trails is certified according to the criteria of the DIMB, is marked throughout and can also be easily divided into two stages.
Insights into the bike tour:
The demanding premium bike tour takes you through the forest between the two Moselle towns of Bernkastel-Kues and Traben-Trarbach. The towns are connected by the Moselle and separated by the mountain. Bernkastel-Kues is famous for beautiful half-timbered houses, Traben-Trarbach is the art nouveau town par excellence. The biker is rewarded along the route by numerous magnificent views of the Moselle valley. On the way - and in both towns - there are various places to stop for refreshments.
Rest StopBurg Landshut
Safety informationThe tour must be driven in a clockwise direction, as described here. Please show consideration for other road users and hikers. Shortly before the parking lot Bärenhalde you have to cross the B50
Tips and hints
Phone (0049) 6531/50019-0
Getting thereJourney to Bernkastel-Kues
Parking is available in the towns along the route.
e.g. Bernkastel-Kues: On both banks of the Moselle
Graacher Schäferei: Hiking car park "Eiserne Weinkarte"
Hiking car park "Bärenhalde" on the B50 between Bernkastel and Longkamp
Trarbach: Parking lot at the "Moseltherme"
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentMountain bikes and appropriate safety equipment are necessary.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.